This carefully constructed Junior Extension (K-2) is designed to coordinate with your main Paths of Exploration manual and provide you with a flexible and stress-free way to give your younger student a sense of ownership and inclusion in your family learning experience. Your student will learn about the early explorers and settlers of our nation, while being challenged by interaction with older students, and gaining a strong foundation of developmentally appropriate skills.
Incorporate younger students across multiple subject areas with quality literature, meaningful discussion, thoughtful notebooking and hands-on learning. Unify your homeschool day and encourage a lifelong love of learning with Paths of Exploration Junior.
The Basic Package includes the following items:
- Path of Exploration Junior textbook
- Digital downloads (.pdf) of all three levels' Student Notebook pages (also available in printed, three hole-punched versions)
- The Usborne Children’s Encyclopedia
- Fun with Nature Take-Along Guide
- Usborne First Sticker Book Nature
- Junior Classroom Atlas
- Geography from A to Z
- Maps & Globes
- I Can Draw Animals
- Christopher Columbus
- From the Good Mountain
- The True Story of Pocahontas
- Leonardo and the Flying Boy
- The First Thanksgiving
- Rembrandt and the Boy Who Drew Dogs
- The Raft
- If You Lived in Colonial Times
- Lewis and Clark, A Prairie Dog for the President
- The Boy Who Drew Birds
- Birds, Nests and Eggs
- Johnny Appleseed
- Journey of a Pioneer
The Resources Only package contains everything in the above list except for the textbook and Student Notebook pages.
Phonics and math are the only subjects not included in the Junior packages.
However, for your convenience, phonics has been incorporated into the textbook in the following manner.