Rand McNally's Atlas of World Geography (6th Edition) provides engaging and richly illustrated geographic information for secondary students from grades 6-12.
Thematic maps, graphs and charts help present a more complete portrait of our physical and political world.
Recommended for upper elementary and high school students, this atlas can serve as a companion to classroom materials, as a stand-alone study guide, or as a general home reference!
- More than 65 highly detailed physical and political maps
- Thematic maps show plate tectonics, population, land use, climate, and more
- 20 pages of graphs, charts, and tables provide comparative information about physical, political, economic, and cultural features of the world
- Glossary and comprehensive index for making full use of maps
- Special continent sections highlight such themes as rain forest depletion, changing political boundaries in Europe, and the Ring of Fire in Asia
- Secondary atlas geared for students from sixth through 12th grades
In addition to 126 pages of up-to-date, accurate, and thoughtfully selected regional maps, the atlas features an expanded, highly illustrative world information section which includes 12 pages of answers to over 200 of the world's most-asked geography questions. We love the close-up map details and many thematic maps! Continent maps span several pages of instead of only one 8x11 page. Uses Goode's World Atlas maps. If you are looking for Answer Atlas, get this one instead. Answer Atlas is out of print, but inside the covers this is the same as the Answer Atlas.
This atlas is used for the Secondary Trail (high school) Trail Guide to World Geography as well a for the high school level Conquering the Continents course in The Ultimate Geography and Timeline Guide.
|Size:||8.5" x 10.875"|